Speaking this weekend at an anti-Iran conference, President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani declared that the president would withdraw the US from the Iran nuclear deal. He went on to insist this would lead to regime change in Iran.
Giuliani held up a piece of paper meant to represent the Iran deal, yelling at the crowd “what do you think is going to happen to that agreement?” He ripped up the paper and then spat on it. President Trump has previously set an ultimatum of May 12 for withdrawing from the deal.
Giuliani went on to say that he’s been advocating a US-imposed regime change in Iran for longer than he can remember. He said this regime change was the key to Mideast peace, and “more important than an Israeli-Palestinian deal.”
Bizarrely, despite declaring that Trump would kill the Iran deal earlier in the speech, when questioned later, he said he “can’t predict” what will happen, saying only that his desire is to see the nuclear deal destroyed.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni Forces Stop Houthis Attempt to Reopen Hodeidah Supply Route - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Threatens to Send Military to Close Border With Mexico - October 18th, 2018
- US Opposes Koreas' New No-Fly Zone Plans - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Bans US Aid Groups From North Korea - October 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker: Trump Must End Intel Clampdown on Khashoggi - October 18th, 2018