Speaking this weekend at an anti-Iran conference, President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani declared that the president would withdraw the US from the Iran nuclear deal. He went on to insist this would lead to regime change in Iran.
Giuliani held up a piece of paper meant to represent the Iran deal, yelling at the crowd “what do you think is going to happen to that agreement?” He ripped up the paper and then spat on it. President Trump has previously set an ultimatum of May 12 for withdrawing from the deal.
Giuliani went on to say that he’s been advocating a US-imposed regime change in Iran for longer than he can remember. He said this regime change was the key to Mideast peace, and “more important than an Israeli-Palestinian deal.”
Bizarrely, despite declaring that Trump would kill the Iran deal earlier in the speech, when questioned later, he said he “can’t predict” what will happen, saying only that his desire is to see the nuclear deal destroyed.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea: Up to US If Summit Will Happen, Or Nuclear Showdown - May 23rd, 2018
- Pentagon Uninvites China From Joint Naval Exercises - May 23rd, 2018
- Iran Sets Out Conditions for Europe to Save Nuclear Deal - May 23rd, 2018
- Iranian Officials Split on Responding to US Demands - May 23rd, 2018
- Israel Considers Long-Term Ceasefire With Hamas - May 23rd, 2018