Senior US officials told NBC on Tuesday that they believe a war between Israel and Iran is at the “top of the list” of potential conflicts worldwide. The officials said Israel is gearing up for such a war and is trying to get the US to participate in Syria.
Israeli officials denied this, saying they don’t “seek” a war against Iran. Despite this claim, Israeli military leadership has been taking up the need for a war to prevent Iran having a foothold in Syria for months on end.
Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman refused to directly address the US officials, saying he does’nt “read foreign publications.” He subsequently went on s creed about the “threats of Iran,” and declared “Israel has four problems: Iran, Iran, Iran, and hypocrisy.” Lieberman has been advocating a war on Iran for many years, nearly his entire political career.
Prime Minister Netanyahu, while saying Israel wasn’t “seeking” the war, was also clearly not ruling it out, saying that if such a war happened it would be because Iran is “changing the rules in the region.” Israel has been attacking Syria throughout the Syrian War. In recent months, those Israeli attacks have focused on Iranian targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran's Rouhani: US Should Suspend Sanctions Because of Flooding Crisis - April 17th, 2019
- US: Over 2,000 Foreign ISIS Fighters Held by Kurdish Forces in Syria - April 17th, 2019
- Trump's Call to Arms Against '3 Stooges of Socialism' Done With a Clear Eye on 2020 Campaign - April 17th, 2019
- Pompeo: US Trying to End Afghan War - April 17th, 2019
- Official Claims Afghanistan ISIS Capable of Striking US - April 17th, 2019