Faced with weekly protests, Israel goes through a lot of tear gas. Officials seem to be looking to modernize these tear gas attacks, however, with a video showing the use of an Israeli drone to drop canisters of gas directly on the crowd of demonstrators.
The video showed an area in the southern Gaza Strip, near the Israeli border, where Palestinians were gathered. Israel sent the drone into Gaza airspace to drop canisters on the crowd, sending them scattering.
This is the first such use of a drone by Israel. The Israeli military denied having anything to do with the incident, claiming that the border police were the ones who operated the drone.The border police denied all comment.
An Israeli military spokesman did, however, issue a statement defended the crackdown on protests within Gaza, saying they were too close to the border fence, and claiming that the protests are used as “cover” for terrorist attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition Offers Plan to 'Protect' Hodeidah as Civilians Flee - June 22nd, 2018
- Taliban Kill Four, Kidnap Scores in Southern Afghanistan Raid - June 22nd, 2018
- US, Afghan Forces Killed Over 160 ISIS in Three-Week Offensive - June 22nd, 2018
- North and South Korea Agree to New Round of Family Reunions - June 22nd, 2018
- Hamas Negotiating 'Comprehensive Deal' for Truce With Israel - June 22nd, 2018