Faced with weekly protests, Israel goes through a lot of tear gas. Officials seem to be looking to modernize these tear gas attacks, however, with a video showing the use of an Israeli drone to drop canisters of gas directly on the crowd of demonstrators.
The video showed an area in the southern Gaza Strip, near the Israeli border, where Palestinians were gathered. Israel sent the drone into Gaza airspace to drop canisters on the crowd, sending them scattering.
This is the first such use of a drone by Israel. The Israeli military denied having anything to do with the incident, claiming that the border police were the ones who operated the drone.The border police denied all comment.
An Israeli military spokesman did, however, issue a statement defended the crackdown on protests within Gaza, saying they were too close to the border fence, and claiming that the protests are used as “cover” for terrorist attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Asks US for Exemptions to Some Iran Sanctions - August 21st, 2018
- US Diplomats Told to Promote US Weapons Sales - August 21st, 2018
- With No Inspectors, IAEA Can't Prove North Korean Nuclear Activities Stopped - August 21st, 2018
- Senators Reject Better Ties to Russia, Demand More Aggressive Action - August 21st, 2018
- US Court Allows Microsoft to Seize Websites Over Claims of Russian Hacking - August 21st, 2018