For the second straight day, Saudi warplanes have carried out attacks in northern Yemen, killing a number of additional civilians. This follows a Tuesday attack which killed five civilians in the destruction of a house, then attacked paramedics trying to evacuate the wounded.
On Wednesday, Saudi warplanes carried out another strike against the same area around the northern city of Saada, hitting another house and killing four more civilians. Once again, no official explanation was offered.
A second Wednesday strike took place in the Hodeidah District in the far northwest, where five girls who were playing in a field were killed when the field was inexplicably struck by Saudi warplanes.
These areas where Saudi strikes occur tend to be mostly Shi’ite areas, and the Saudi-led coalition seems to shrug off reports of civilian deaths in those areas, and label everyone hit as Shi’ite rebels.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Says They Killed 45 ISIS Members in Syria Airstrikes - June 24th, 2018
- UN Offers to Manage Yemen Aid Port of Hodeidah - June 24th, 2018
- Pentagon Sends Coffins, Flags to DMZ to Receive War Remains From North Korea - June 24th, 2018
- Iraqi Cleric Sadr Forms Political Alliance With PM Abadi - June 24th, 2018
- Judges Limit Iraq Vote Recount to 'Suspect' Ballots - June 24th, 2018