In comments in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, President Trump claimed that he “probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” adding that he has relationships that reporters would be surprised of.
Trump refused to say if he’s ever actually spoken with Kim, saying “I just don’t want to comment.” He has however, at time suggested he was open to talking with Kim on the telephone, given certain conditions.
The idea that he would have a good relationship with Kim, however, is surprising, as he’s publicly referred to the North Korean leader as a “maniac,” and repeatedly threatened to totally destroy his country.
Trump presented such hostile tweets as just part of his strategy, saying that “you’ll see that a lot with me, and then all of the sudden somebody’s my best friend.” He said he’s done the same thing at least 20 times.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018
- Despite Pledge Not to, Germany Approves Sale of Arms to Saudi Arabia - September 19th, 2018
- State Dept: ISIS, al-Qaeda Adapting After Recent Losses - September 19th, 2018
- Thousands Return Home in Northwest Syria After Deal Prevents Offensive - September 19th, 2018
- North, South Korea to Form Joint Military Committee - September 19th, 2018