In comments in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, President Trump claimed that he “probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” adding that he has relationships that reporters would be surprised of.
Trump refused to say if he’s ever actually spoken with Kim, saying “I just don’t want to comment.” He has however, at time suggested he was open to talking with Kim on the telephone, given certain conditions.
The idea that he would have a good relationship with Kim, however, is surprising, as he’s publicly referred to the North Korean leader as a “maniac,” and repeatedly threatened to totally destroy his country.
Trump presented such hostile tweets as just part of his strategy, saying that “you’ll see that a lot with me, and then all of the sudden somebody’s my best friend.” He said he’s done the same thing at least 20 times.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: US Airstrike Kills Eight in Eastern Syria - June 21st, 2018
- Japan Halts Missile Attack Drills After Trump-Kim Summit - June 21st, 2018
- North Korea Denuclearization Has Already Started, Says Trump - June 21st, 2018
- Trump: North Korea Has Returned Remains of 200 US War Dead - June 21st, 2018
- Report Warns Taliban's 'Parallel State' Still Rules Large Swathes of Afghanistan - June 21st, 2018