In comments in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, President Trump claimed that he “probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” adding that he has relationships that reporters would be surprised of.
Trump refused to say if he’s ever actually spoken with Kim, saying “I just don’t want to comment.” He has however, at time suggested he was open to talking with Kim on the telephone, given certain conditions.
The idea that he would have a good relationship with Kim, however, is surprising, as he’s publicly referred to the North Korean leader as a “maniac,” and repeatedly threatened to totally destroy his country.
Trump presented such hostile tweets as just part of his strategy, saying that “you’ll see that a lot with me, and then all of the sudden somebody’s my best friend.” He said he’s done the same thing at least 20 times.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni Govt Spurns Houthi Call for Transitional Govt - December 9th, 2018
- Kurds Rush Reinforcements Into East Syria as ISIS Reclaims Town - December 9th, 2018
- Trump Reverses Position, Now Calls for Pentagon Spending to Grow Even More - December 9th, 2018
- Senate Set to Vote on Resolution to End US Involvement in Yemen War - December 9th, 2018
- US Dwarfs Rest of the World in Arms Production - December 9th, 2018