In comments in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, President Trump claimed that he “probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” adding that he has relationships that reporters would be surprised of.
Trump refused to say if he’s ever actually spoken with Kim, saying “I just don’t want to comment.” He has however, at time suggested he was open to talking with Kim on the telephone, given certain conditions.
The idea that he would have a good relationship with Kim, however, is surprising, as he’s publicly referred to the North Korean leader as a “maniac,” and repeatedly threatened to totally destroy his country.
Trump presented such hostile tweets as just part of his strategy, saying that “you’ll see that a lot with me, and then all of the sudden somebody’s my best friend.” He said he’s done the same thing at least 20 times.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018
- Afghans Head to Polls Amid Corruption, Taliban Threats - October 19th, 2018