A new video released by the ISIS affiliate in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula amounts to a declaration of war against the Hamas movement in the neighboring Gaza Strip, condemning the Palestinian group as “apostates.”
In the video, an ISIS preacher calls for viewers to attack Hamas sites and courthouses in the Gaza Strip, saying they are “pillars of tyranny.” The video closes with the execution of an ISIS member identified as Musa Abu Zamat, who they accused of smuggling weapons to Hamas’ military wing.
The video attacked Hamas for numerous reasons, including its support for democratic values, and its stated position that they are not hostile with Jews for religious reasons, but at odds with Israel over occupied Palestinian land.
Hamas dismissed the video as a “Zionist production” aimed at distorting the resistance against Israel. Hamas has regularly fought with ISIS-linked factions within the Gaza Strip, though such groups are a lot smaller than the Sinai version.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Expected to Pull 1,000 Troops From Afghanistan in 'Efficiency Effort' - February 15th, 2019
- US Investigators Probing Years of WikiLeaks Activities - February 15th, 2019
- US General Says Arming, Aiding Syria Kurds Should Continue After Pullout - February 15th, 2019
- Suicide Car Bomber Kills 44 in Attack on Indian Police Bus in Kashmir - February 14th, 2019
- Pakistan Confirms Hosting US-Taliban Talks Next Week - February 14th, 2019