After a Saturday incident in which an Israeli man was lightly wounded near Hebron, the Israeli military sealed off a pair of Palestinian towns, Sa’ir and al-Aroub, saying they were searching for the shooter responsible for the attack.
As with a lot of other incidents in which Israel surrounds a Palestinian town, they quickly started fighting with the locals, and reported arresting “rioters.” The siege on al-Aroub ended Sunday afternoon, but Sa’ir remains surrounded.
Officials reported no information on the suspected attacker, except that he shot the car the Israeli man and his family were in three times. The man was hit in the shin, and they drove away otherwise unharmed. There was no claim of responsibility.
Israel has been restricting Palestinian movement across the southern West Bank, which includes this area. The car was traveling in the direction of a settlement, where they intended to visit relatives.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Kills Over 60 Syrian Troops in 48 Hours of Attacks - April 20th, 2019
- US Intel Doubts North Korea Weapons Test Was Successful - April 19th, 2019
- Ecuador Judge Orders Detention of Former Foreign Minister Connected to Assange - April 19th, 2019
- US Reveals Support for Former CIA Asset Hafter in Libya - April 19th, 2019
- Pompeo Dismisses North Korea Demands, Says He Can't Be Removed From Talks - April 19th, 2019