Fresh off the FBI announcing the arrests of three people in Brooklyn, none of whom appeared to be planning anything until FBI informants convinced them to say they wanted to join ISIS, Director James Comey revealed the FBI is pulling this sort of operation nationwide.
“This isn’t a New York phenomenon or a Washington phenomenon. This is all 50 states and in all ways,” Comey said, saying the targets are “in various stages of radicalizing.”
Comey went on to say that ISIS “slick propaganda” that “resonates with troubled souls, people seeking meaning in some horribly misguided way.” Earlier this month he said investigations were ongoing in every state but Alaska, but now insists it is all 50 states.
The FBI has first-hand knowledge of the allure of ISIS propaganda, because their informants seem to be among the heaviest purveyors of it in the United States, hoping to suck in people they find on social media and then arresting them in the ensuing sting.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attack in Syria's Manbij Kills Four US Troops, Wounds Three - January 16th, 2019
- Taliban Threatens to Pull Out of Peace Talks Over US Troop Presence in Afghanistan - January 15th, 2019
- US, Russia Trade Accusations of Nuclear Deal Violations - January 15th, 2019
- Mnuchin Urges Senate to Allow Trump to Ease Russia Sanctions - January 15th, 2019
- Trump May Recognize Opposition Leader as Venezuelan President - January 15th, 2019