Fresh off the FBI announcing the arrests of three people in Brooklyn, none of whom appeared to be planning anything until FBI informants convinced them to say they wanted to join ISIS, Director James Comey revealed the FBI is pulling this sort of operation nationwide.
“This isn’t a New York phenomenon or a Washington phenomenon. This is all 50 states and in all ways,” Comey said, saying the targets are “in various stages of radicalizing.”
Comey went on to say that ISIS “slick propaganda” that “resonates with troubled souls, people seeking meaning in some horribly misguided way.” Earlier this month he said investigations were ongoing in every state but Alaska, but now insists it is all 50 states.
The FBI has first-hand knowledge of the allure of ISIS propaganda, because their informants seem to be among the heaviest purveyors of it in the United States, hoping to suck in people they find on social media and then arresting them in the ensuing sting.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Turns Off Loudspeakers Aimed at North Korea - April 23rd, 2018
- Saudi Warplanes Attack Wedding Party in NW Yemen, Killing Dozens - April 23rd, 2018
- Senate Panel OKs Pompeo After Rand Paul Flip - April 23rd, 2018
- Iraq Says 36 ISIS Killed in Thursday's Syria Strike - April 22nd, 2018
- Trump Denies Making Too Many Concessions to North Korea - April 22nd, 2018