A group of four attackers wearing Indian Army uniforms attacked a military base on the Indian side of the disputed border in Kashmir, sparking one of the worst single incidents of violence in over a year.
The gunmen split up on the base and started firing on soldiers and civilians. When the dust had settled, the attackers were killed, along with three soldiers and four civilians.
Violence had been ongoing throughout summer along the border, with India and Pakistan trading fire across the nebulous line of control. With most Kashmir militant groups based out of Pakistan, today’s incident risks another flareup.
Though officials insisted all the attackers were killed in the incident, Indian tanks are reportedly roaming the countryside, looking for other “hidden terrorists” who might conceivably be in the area.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New Zealand Police Censor Mosque Attack, Threaten to Jail Citizens Who Share Video - March 18th, 2019
- Iran Denies Turkish Claims of Joint Operations Against Kurds - March 18th, 2019
- Trump Proposes $86 Billion Spy Budget - March 18th, 2019
- South Korea DM: No Sign of Impending North Korea Missile Launch - March 18th, 2019
- Afghan Troops Frequently Robbed US-Funded Support Staff - March 18th, 2019