Hezbollah issued their first statement on Israel’s Monday night attack on a base in eastern Lebanon, confirming the incident and dubbing it “flagrant aggression against Lebanon.”
Hezbollah vowed retaliation over the strike, though they said they would “choose the right time and place” for the offensive. Other Lebanese officials discussed a possible response to the attack, though their options are limited.
Some Israeli reports have spun the attack as a “bet” that Hezbollah wouldn’t retaliate against them during their ongoing involvement in Syria, though the Israeli military continues to talk up the many targets of their “next war with Lebanon,” so it isn’t clear if the military really cares if they start another war or not.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Europe to Resist US Sanctions on Firms That Do Business With Cuba - April 18th, 2019
- France Denies Their Weapons Were Used Against Civilians in Yemen - April 18th, 2019
- SecDef: North Korea Weapons Test 'Not a Ballistic Missile' - April 18th, 2019
- US, Russia Derail UN Call for Libya Ceasefire - April 18th, 2019
- Qatar: Afghan Peace Talks Are Postponed Indefinitely - April 18th, 2019