The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
To that end, President Obama’s National Security Adviser Thomas Donilon today conceded at a conference at the Brookings Institute that even though massive US sanctions on Iran have done serious harm to the nation’s economy, they have not led to Iran “fundamentally altering its behavior.”
Donilon then, continuing his speech, went on to back President Obama’s current plan to impose addition sanctions on Iran, providing no justification for why he thought this might lead to anything resembling a policy change.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry responded to the latest round of sanctions by insisting, in case anyone wasn’t paying attention, that the sanctions won’t do anything to change their current policies, saying the effort “will be in vain.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Again Gets Caught Up in Prediction of Syria Victory 'by Tonight' - March 21st, 2019
- Pompeo Threatens to Curb Israel Ties Over Growing Israeli Trade With China - March 21st, 2019
- Bolton Vows Action Against Venezuela's Maduro, Says 'the Window Is Closing' - March 21st, 2019
- Pentagon Sends B-52 Bombers to Europe for Exercises Amid Tensions With Russia - March 21st, 2019
- Trump Endorses Israeli Annexation of Golan Heights - March 21st, 2019