A former British ambassador to Lebanon has met with a number of members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), and British Foreign Minister William Hague is planning to host meetings with other top exiles next week, in a sign the British government is hoping to establish ties with whatever faction may emerge in the wake of Bashar Assad’s regime in Syria.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ukraine's President-Elect Demands Sanctions Against Russia Over Passports - April 24th, 2019
- Kim Visits Russia to Meet Putin on Nuclear, Peace Process - April 24th, 2019
- Iran FM Calls for Prisoner Swap With US - April 24th, 2019
- Iran FM: Trump Aims for Talks, Bolton Wants Conflict - April 24th, 2019
- ISIS Battles Taliban for Control of Eastern Afghanistan Villages - April 24th, 2019