A former British ambassador to Lebanon has met with a number of members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), and British Foreign Minister William Hague is planning to host meetings with other top exiles next week, in a sign the British government is hoping to establish ties with whatever faction may emerge in the wake of Bashar Assad’s regime in Syria.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Envoy 'Warns' Lebanon Over Hezbollah Cabinet Posts - February 19th, 2019
- Gen. Votel Contradicts Trump on Foreign Policy, Now Hypes Afghanistan 'Threat' - February 19th, 2019
- Ahead of New Summit, Trump Says 'No Rush' for North Korea Denuclearization - February 19th, 2019
- Germany's Ban on Arms Exports to Saudis Over Khashoggi Murder Have Growing Impact - February 19th, 2019
- 'Irritated' by Russia, US Admiral Sends Warship to Black Sea - February 19th, 2019