Reports in the Daily Telegraph reveal that the Obama Administration is close to signing a deal with Afghanistan that would ensure US troops, including special forces, would remain on the ground in the nation through at least 2024. Opponents in the Afghan government warn the deal threatens to derail Taliban peace talks, which are always predicated on a NATO withdrawal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Shabaab Ambushes Ethiopian Troops in Somalia - January 21st, 2019
- US and North Korea Wrap Up 'Intensive' Denuclearization Talks - January 21st, 2019
- Israel Destroyed Eight Syrian Air Defense Targets, Killed 11 Troops - January 21st, 2019
- US Troops Targeted in Second Northeast Syria Bombing - January 21st, 2019
- Israeli Election Ad Brags on Bombing Gaza Back to the Stone Age - January 21st, 2019