With North Korean envoy Ri Gun preparing for an almost unheard of visit to the United States, top American officials are making it clear that the direct negotiations the Ri visit was designed to accomplish aren’t likely to lead to anything productive.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates condemned the nation, accusing them of “seeming” to be willing to sell any nuclear technologies they developed and said that the United States would never accept North Korea having nuclear weapons.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the rhetoric up another step, vowing that the United States would never have normal relations with North Korea’s government unless they took “verifiable, irreversible steps toward complete denuclearization.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Fighting Between Pro-Govt Factions in Yemen Kills 18 - August 14th, 2018
- Trump to Ignore Multiple NDAA Provisions - August 14th, 2018
- Russia Favors Trade With National Currencies, Not US Dollar - August 13th, 2018
- Israeli DM to Consider Lifting Some Gaza Restrictions - August 13th, 2018
- Trump Signs $716 Billion Military Spending Bill - August 13th, 2018