With North Korean envoy Ri Gun preparing for an almost unheard of visit to the United States, top American officials are making it clear that the direct negotiations the Ri visit was designed to accomplish aren’t likely to lead to anything productive.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates condemned the nation, accusing them of “seeming” to be willing to sell any nuclear technologies they developed and said that the United States would never accept North Korea having nuclear weapons.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the rhetoric up another step, vowing that the United States would never have normal relations with North Korea’s government unless they took “verifiable, irreversible steps toward complete denuclearization.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018
- Netanyahu Blocks West Bank Annexation, But Backs Taking More Control - February 16th, 2018
- Pentagon Watchdog: No Significant Progress Made in Afghanistan - February 16th, 2018
- Turkish Army Accused of Hitting Syria's Afrin With Gas Attack - February 16th, 2018
- US, Turkey Agree to Avoid Clash Over Manbij - February 16th, 2018