Citing terms that compromise his country’s sovereignty, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki proclaimed security talks with the US “stalled” on Saturday.
Nouri received support from the President Jalal Talabani and a unanimous Political Council on National Security for his position. Among the issues at stake: US authority to jail Iraqi citizens.
Last 5 posts by Eric Garris
- Rep. Holt Introduces 'Surveillance State Repeal Act' - July 25th, 2013
- Obama's Speech on National Security - May 21st, 2009
- Anger, Desperation Among Bajaur Civilians as Pakistani Govt Rejects Cease-fire - August 24th, 2008
- Karzai condemns US Strike That Killed 95, Fires Top General - August 23rd, 2008
- General: Russian Presence to Remain in Key Port City - August 23rd, 2008