Responding to yesterday’s letter in which 83 US Senators demanded Obama give Israel a new military deal worth more than the $3 billion a year they currently receive, the White House has confirmed they’re ready to do so, immediately.
White House officials were reported in the Israeli press today saying they are willing to immediately sign a memorandum of understanding on a record-large military aid package that would give Israel more money per year than any nation in US history.
Exactly how much larger the aid package is going to have to be to get Israel to accept it is unclear, as Obama had offered Israel a 10-year $40 billion deal just last week, and Netanyahu was said to be opposed to accepting that amount.
Back in November, it was suggested Netanyahu wanted in the range of $4.5 billion annually, though since then he has been seen as increasingly reluctant to make any deal with Obama, and coming up with a large enough money to throw at Netanyahu that he’ll grudgingly take it seems to be no small task.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017