Responding to yesterday’s letter in which 83 US Senators demanded Obama give Israel a new military deal worth more than the $3 billion a year they currently receive, the White House has confirmed they’re ready to do so, immediately.
White House officials were reported in the Israeli press today saying they are willing to immediately sign a memorandum of understanding on a record-large military aid package that would give Israel more money per year than any nation in US history.
Exactly how much larger the aid package is going to have to be to get Israel to accept it is unclear, as Obama had offered Israel a 10-year $40 billion deal just last week, and Netanyahu was said to be opposed to accepting that amount.
Back in November, it was suggested Netanyahu wanted in the range of $4.5 billion annually, though since then he has been seen as increasingly reluctant to make any deal with Obama, and coming up with a large enough money to throw at Netanyahu that he’ll grudgingly take it seems to be no small task.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas, UN Command Agree to Withdraw All Arms From Truce Village - October 22nd, 2018
- NATO Sends 50,000 Troops to Largest Exercise Since Cold War - October 22nd, 2018
- Bolton Visits Moscow, Denies Plans to Blackmail Russia Over Nuclear Treaty - October 22nd, 2018
- CIA Has Heard Audio Recording of Khashoggi's Death - October 22nd, 2018
- Trump 'Not Satisfied' After Talking With Saudi Crown Prince - October 22nd, 2018