Syrian ISIS attacks around the capital city of Damascus yesterday were seen targeting a power station, and several police checkpoints around Dumeir. The real target, however, appears to have been a private cement factory in Dumeir.
Officials now say that ISIS hit the Bayda Cement Company in Dumeir and captured at an estimated 300 workers. Where they took them or what their status is remains unknown.
ISIS has been launching a growing number of attacks around Damascus in recent weeks, with officials saying it’s an attempt to retaliate after the loss of Palmyra. The group seems to be targeting more and more sites in the area.
ISIS has conducted a number of mass kidnappings in both Iraq and Syria throughout the war, sometimes releasing everyone unharmed, and other times either holding them for ransom, or conducting mass executions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Bolton: US Plans Talks With Allies Before Leaving Nuclear Pact - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton Rejects Russian Call to Stay in Nuclear Treaty - October 23rd, 2018
- US Revoking Visas of Saudis Responsible for Killing Khashoggi - October 23rd, 2018
- Trump: Saudis Staged 'Worst Cover-Up Ever' in Khashoggi Killing - October 23rd, 2018
- Report: Khashoggi's Remains Disposed of in Saudi Consul General's Garden - October 23rd, 2018