An ISIS suicide bomber disguised in a military uniform carried out an attack against the Ras Abas military camp in the southern Yemeni city of Aden today, killing at least 15 Yemeni soldiers and wounding dozens of others, including some international soldiers.
The attack targeted a training session being conducted by Sudanese troops, who are part of the Saudi-led invasion force which occupies Aden and the surrounding area. The pro-Saudi Yemenis have very limited military support, and have been trying to train recruits up for the ongoing war against the Shi’ite north.
Hospital officials say that seven of the people were dead by the time they arrived, and the rest succumbed to their wounds shortly thereafter. A large number of the wounded troops are in a bad way, with some losing limbs, and the death toll is expected to rise.
ISIS claimed the attack targeted “apostate” soldiers, and said they believed at least 20 were killed in the attack. ISIS has carried out several suicide attacks in and around Aden in recent weeks, and also regularly launches strikes against Shi’ite targets in the north.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel Attacks Syrian Military Site in Hama Province - July 22nd, 2018
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Afghan Airport as Dostum Returns, Killing 14 - July 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018