After a several week lull, the US has launched its second drone strike against Yemen of the week, destroying a car in the Hadrawmut Province and leaving the bodies of the two people within burned beyond recognition.
At present there is no indication of who the slain were, but as usual they are being labeled “suspects,” by virtue of having been hit in a US attack. The car was reportedly traveling on the outskirts of the town of Sayoun.
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has taken advantage of the US-backed Saudi war in Yemen to seize a large portion of eastern Yemen, and the US has focused a lot of its drone strikes on the area since then. The lack of US targeters on the ground, however, leave open the question of who is actually being killed.
On Sunday, the US had launched a drone strike against another car in the Shabwa Province, killing three people within. As with today’s attack, there has been no indication who any of the victims are.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Officials Say 60 Taliban Killed in Ghazni Airstrike - November 14th, 2018
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Seven Civilians in Yemen's Hodeidah - November 14th, 2018
- EU Struggles to Find Host for Iran Trade Clearing House - November 14th, 2018
- Israeli Coalition on Brink of Collapse as Hawks Rage Over Gaza Ceasefire - November 14th, 2018
- Congressional Report Warns US Might Lose a War Against China or Russia - November 14th, 2018