Fresh off Friday evening’s attack in Paris, ISIS has issued a new video in which they threaten attacks across the world, with Washington DC in particular mentioned as their next target, saying all nations involved in the “crusader campaign” against them would face the same.
The video reportedly came out of Salaheddin Province, Iraq, and the Department of Homeland Security says they are not going to comment on the video but have no information on a potential attack.
Just yesterday, White House officials were dismissing the risk of ISIS attacks within the United States, insisting ISIS lacks the capability of launching attacks on American soil. The reliability of this assessment is, however, in some dispute.
ISIS is seen to be keen to launch more high-profile overseas attacks lately, with a Thursday attack in Beirut and a Friday one in Paris, and the United States, the leader of the anti-ISIS coalition, is presumably very high on their target list as well.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria Warns They'll Fight Jihadists If They Reject Idlib Deal - October 15th, 2018
- Scores of Taliban Killed in Afghanistan Fighting - October 15th, 2018
- Afghan High Peace Council Says Talk of US Troop Withdrawal Is Premature - October 15th, 2018
- US Companies Back Out of Saudi Events as Tensions Mount - October 15th, 2018
- Saudi Embassy in DC Cancels Annual Diplomatic Reception - October 15th, 2018