Fresh off Friday evening’s attack in Paris, ISIS has issued a new video in which they threaten attacks across the world, with Washington DC in particular mentioned as their next target, saying all nations involved in the “crusader campaign” against them would face the same.
The video reportedly came out of Salaheddin Province, Iraq, and the Department of Homeland Security says they are not going to comment on the video but have no information on a potential attack.
Just yesterday, White House officials were dismissing the risk of ISIS attacks within the United States, insisting ISIS lacks the capability of launching attacks on American soil. The reliability of this assessment is, however, in some dispute.
ISIS is seen to be keen to launch more high-profile overseas attacks lately, with a Thursday attack in Beirut and a Friday one in Paris, and the United States, the leader of the anti-ISIS coalition, is presumably very high on their target list as well.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017