Fresh off Friday evening’s attack in Paris, ISIS has issued a new video in which they threaten attacks across the world, with Washington DC in particular mentioned as their next target, saying all nations involved in the “crusader campaign” against them would face the same.
The video reportedly came out of Salaheddin Province, Iraq, and the Department of Homeland Security says they are not going to comment on the video but have no information on a potential attack.
Just yesterday, White House officials were dismissing the risk of ISIS attacks within the United States, insisting ISIS lacks the capability of launching attacks on American soil. The reliability of this assessment is, however, in some dispute.
ISIS is seen to be keen to launch more high-profile overseas attacks lately, with a Thursday attack in Beirut and a Friday one in Paris, and the United States, the leader of the anti-ISIS coalition, is presumably very high on their target list as well.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018