While the talk of the town throughout Israel for the past week has been Palestinian stabbings and attempted stabbings of Israelis, today saw a very muted media reaction today when a Jewish Israeli went on a “stabbing rampage,” in the southern town of Dimona, stabbing four Arabs.
The attacker went after Arabs in several parts of town, first stabbing a municipal worker before finding another Arab not far from the school, and continuing on to get four in total. Mayor Benny Biton reported that the attacker was “known to police” prior to the incident.
While Israeli officials loudly condemn every attempted stabbing by a Palestinian as “Arab terror,” police described today’s attack as “nationalistic,” and said they believe it was “retaliation for recent Palestinian attacks.”
Incredibly, the US State Department was pressed on all the stabbings, and similarly declared Palestinians stabbing Israelis as “terrorism” while explicitly ducking the question about the Dimona stabbings, calling it only an “act of violence.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Haley Demands IAEA Launch New Inspections of Iran Military Sites - August 22nd, 2017
- No End in Sight for US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017
- Mattis Undecided on Number of Extra US Troops Heading to Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least 100 Syrian Civilians in Raqqa in 48 Hours - August 22nd, 2017
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017