While the talk of the town throughout Israel for the past week has been Palestinian stabbings and attempted stabbings of Israelis, today saw a very muted media reaction today when a Jewish Israeli went on a “stabbing rampage,” in the southern town of Dimona, stabbing four Arabs.
The attacker went after Arabs in several parts of town, first stabbing a municipal worker before finding another Arab not far from the school, and continuing on to get four in total. Mayor Benny Biton reported that the attacker was “known to police” prior to the incident.
While Israeli officials loudly condemn every attempted stabbing by a Palestinian as “Arab terror,” police described today’s attack as “nationalistic,” and said they believe it was “retaliation for recent Palestinian attacks.”
Incredibly, the US State Department was pressed on all the stabbings, and similarly declared Palestinians stabbing Israelis as “terrorism” while explicitly ducking the question about the Dimona stabbings, calling it only an “act of violence.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018