The June 30 deadline is just a day away, and everyone seems to agree that it will be missed, even if they are a bit vague at the moment on exactly how long of an extension there will be this time. That doesn’t mean the effort is slowing down, however.
Top Iranian negotiators are once again en route to Vienna for the talks, and Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov is expected to arrive Tuesday as well amid talk that a breakthrough of some sort may just be days away.
Negotiations with Iran have lasted over a year at this point since the interim deal was reached, and a lot of progress has been made on the final pact, with the White House saying they remain confident the deal is “within reach.”
Exactly what that means in terms of timeline is unclear, because there are a lot of details in a final pact, and very little of what has been decided so far has actually been made public. We know the talks are continuing, but what the focus is remains very much a matter of debate/
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Officials See at Least Two More Years of Somalia Combat - December 10th, 2017
- Worldwide Protests Continue Over Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 10th, 2017
- Jerusalem Protests Continue Across Palestine - December 10th, 2017
- US Pushes Diplomatic Isolation for North Korea, Despite Being 'Open to Talks' - December 10th, 2017
- State Dept Spends $1 Million Funding Venezuela Opposition - December 10th, 2017