A new video apparently issued by the central ISIS faction based in Syria shows the execution and beheading of some 30 people in Libya, who the militants claimed as “belonging to the hostile Ethiopian church.”
The video shows two separate rounds of 15 executions, reportedly in Barka Province and Fazzan Province, by ISIS affiliate fighters in Libya.
Libyan ISIS has become an increasingly high-profile faction, having pledged allegiance to the parent group last year in an attempt to improve their recruiting ability. They are reportedly getting significant advisory support from the parent group now.
The fighters in the video go on to demand that Christians either convert or submit to paying the Jizya tax to ISIS. Ethiopia said they couldn’t confirm whether any of the slain are actually Ethiopian citizens.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018