Reports from a rebel-held portion of the northern Syrian city of Aleppo have nine people killed, including two women and five children, when a Syrian airstrike struck a local school.
Rebel mouthpiece the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights released a video of the aftermath of the strike, saying that the death toll is likely to rise as rescue operations continue.
Syrian planes launched several strikes against the district, as the ongoing battle over Aleppo grows. The Observatory said 15 others were killed in an airstrike that hit a market in the rebel territory, while 17 were killed in rebel shelling.
The Syrian military denied the reports of any civilian deaths in strikes on the neighborhood, though such incidents are not uncommon, particularly in Aleppo where the fighting centers on densely populated regions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkish Airstrikes Kill 35 Kurdish PKK in Northern Iraq - June 17th, 2018
- Afghan President Offers Extension as Ramadan Ceasefire Expires - June 17th, 2018
- Saudi Warplanes Strike Airport in Yemen's Hodeidah - June 17th, 2018
- ISIS Suicide Bombers Kill 54 in Two Days in Eastern Afghanistan - June 17th, 2018
- US Denies Attacking Syrian Military Site Near Iraqi Border - June 17th, 2018