Reports from a rebel-held portion of the northern Syrian city of Aleppo have nine people killed, including two women and five children, when a Syrian airstrike struck a local school.
Rebel mouthpiece the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights released a video of the aftermath of the strike, saying that the death toll is likely to rise as rescue operations continue.
Syrian planes launched several strikes against the district, as the ongoing battle over Aleppo grows. The Observatory said 15 others were killed in an airstrike that hit a market in the rebel territory, while 17 were killed in rebel shelling.
The Syrian military denied the reports of any civilian deaths in strikes on the neighborhood, though such incidents are not uncommon, particularly in Aleppo where the fighting centers on densely populated regions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian President's Account Blocked on Instagram - April 23rd, 2019
- Libyan Forces Push Hafter's Troops Out of Tripoli - April 23rd, 2019
- UN Report: War Has Set Back Yemen More Than 20 Years - April 23rd, 2019
- Navy SEALs were warned by commanders not to report Iraq war crimes - April 23rd, 2019
- Iran's Parliament Labels Entire US Military as Terrorists - April 23rd, 2019