Reports from a rebel-held portion of the northern Syrian city of Aleppo have nine people killed, including two women and five children, when a Syrian airstrike struck a local school.
Rebel mouthpiece the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights released a video of the aftermath of the strike, saying that the death toll is likely to rise as rescue operations continue.
Syrian planes launched several strikes against the district, as the ongoing battle over Aleppo grows. The Observatory said 15 others were killed in an airstrike that hit a market in the rebel territory, while 17 were killed in rebel shelling.
The Syrian military denied the reports of any civilian deaths in strikes on the neighborhood, though such incidents are not uncommon, particularly in Aleppo where the fighting centers on densely populated regions.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas, Haley Trade Barbs Over Peace Process at UN Security Council - February 20th, 2018
- 29 Killed in Afghanistan Attacks - February 20th, 2018
- Russia Confirms Several Dozen Citizens Killed in US Strike - February 20th, 2018
- Syrian Pro-Govt Forces Enter Afrin, Are Attacked by Turkish Military - February 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Wants Extra Time to Spend Massive Cash Influx - February 20th, 2018