The remnants of former President Hadi’s forces continue to fight against Houthis in an attempt to seize the important southern Yemeni port city of Aden. The Houthis are backed by tanks, while the Hadi forces are being supported by Saudi warplanes.
The war has created a humanitarian calamity nationwide, but Aden is getting some relief today, when a shipment of medical aid, previously blocked by the Saudis, finally arrived at the Aden port.
The Red Cross had been trying to fly the aid in for a solid week over Saudi objections, but Doctors Without Borders finally managed to get a ship through the naval blockade and into Aden.
That’s likely to help Aden somewhat, but won’t put a dent in the humanitarian crises across Yemen, as major cities run low on food and Saudi planes continue to pound targets nationwide.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Separatists Attack Iran Military Parade in Ahvaz, Killing at Least 29 - September 22nd, 2018
- Israeli Delegation Continues to Try to Explain Downing of Russian Plane in Syria - September 21st, 2018
- German Companies Continue to Withdraw From Iran - September 21st, 2018
- As Afghan Military Deaths Soar, Officials Struggle to Keep Toll Secret - September 21st, 2018
- Afghan Officials Will Meet Taliban in Moscow - September 21st, 2018