Taking to the major American networks today Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continued railing against the Iran nuclear framework deal, and reiterated his determination to try to kill it.
Netanyahu has repeatedly talked up sabotaging the nuclear negotiations on Israeli media, but this was the first time he was so overt about leading the anti-diplomacy push on US media.
He tried to prevent the push against the current deal as a push for a “better deal,” though that hypothetical deal that Netanyahu might accept is so far-fetched US officials say it wasn’t even worth bringing up at the talks to the other Western nations, let alone Iran.
As it stands, however, Israel appears to be inconsolably outraged about the deal, and is gearing up its powerful lobby for another run at the US Congress, with an eye toward getting legislation passed that would effectively sabotage the ongoing talks toward a final deal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mattis Claims White House Threat to Syria 'Worked' - June 28th, 2017
- Saudis Demolish Historic Shi'ite Neighborhood, Sparking Unrest - June 27th, 2017
- Turkey, Kurdish Forces Trade Fire in North Syria's Afrin District - June 27th, 2017
- Mattis: US Will Keep Arming Syrian Kurds After Raqqa Falls - June 27th, 2017
- Russia: US Warning to Syria Is Unacceptable - June 27th, 2017