Taking to the major American networks today Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continued railing against the Iran nuclear framework deal, and reiterated his determination to try to kill it.
Netanyahu has repeatedly talked up sabotaging the nuclear negotiations on Israeli media, but this was the first time he was so overt about leading the anti-diplomacy push on US media.
He tried to prevent the push against the current deal as a push for a “better deal,” though that hypothetical deal that Netanyahu might accept is so far-fetched US officials say it wasn’t even worth bringing up at the talks to the other Western nations, let alone Iran.
As it stands, however, Israel appears to be inconsolably outraged about the deal, and is gearing up its powerful lobby for another run at the US Congress, with an eye toward getting legislation passed that would effectively sabotage the ongoing talks toward a final deal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017
- Spain Ratchets Up Threats as Catalonia Refuses to Respond - October 16th, 2017