Taking to the major American networks today Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continued railing against the Iran nuclear framework deal, and reiterated his determination to try to kill it.
Netanyahu has repeatedly talked up sabotaging the nuclear negotiations on Israeli media, but this was the first time he was so overt about leading the anti-diplomacy push on US media.
He tried to prevent the push against the current deal as a push for a “better deal,” though that hypothetical deal that Netanyahu might accept is so far-fetched US officials say it wasn’t even worth bringing up at the talks to the other Western nations, let alone Iran.
As it stands, however, Israel appears to be inconsolably outraged about the deal, and is gearing up its powerful lobby for another run at the US Congress, with an eye toward getting legislation passed that would effectively sabotage the ongoing talks toward a final deal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Waving Drone Debris, Netanyahu Threatens to Attack Iran - February 18th, 2018
- Israeli Warplanes Pound Gaza After Border Bombing - February 18th, 2018
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018
- Netanyahu Blocks West Bank Annexation, But Backs Taking More Control - February 16th, 2018
- Pentagon Watchdog: No Significant Progress Made in Afghanistan - February 16th, 2018