Taking to the major American networks today Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continued railing against the Iran nuclear framework deal, and reiterated his determination to try to kill it.
Netanyahu has repeatedly talked up sabotaging the nuclear negotiations on Israeli media, but this was the first time he was so overt about leading the anti-diplomacy push on US media.
He tried to prevent the push against the current deal as a push for a “better deal,” though that hypothetical deal that Netanyahu might accept is so far-fetched US officials say it wasn’t even worth bringing up at the talks to the other Western nations, let alone Iran.
As it stands, however, Israel appears to be inconsolably outraged about the deal, and is gearing up its powerful lobby for another run at the US Congress, with an eye toward getting legislation passed that would effectively sabotage the ongoing talks toward a final deal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Separatists Attack Iran Military Parade in Ahvaz, Killing at Least 29 - September 22nd, 2018
- Israeli Delegation Continues to Try to Explain Downing of Russian Plane in Syria - September 21st, 2018
- German Companies Continue to Withdraw From Iran - September 21st, 2018
- As Afghan Military Deaths Soar, Officials Struggle to Keep Toll Secret - September 21st, 2018
- Afghan Officials Will Meet Taliban in Moscow - September 21st, 2018