With the ceasefire holding in Ukraine and everyone else calming down about the nation’s civil war, the Obama Administration has announced intentions to send a large new shipment of “non-lethal” military aid, including armored vehicles, to the Ukrainian military for the war.
The shipments will include armored and unarmored vehicles, along with small surveillance drones, which the White House said was proof that they are trying to “de-escalate” the situation by not sending weaponry.
They also announced a new round of financial sanctions on leader sof the eastern Ukrainian rebels, as well as the Russian National Commerce Bank, which they complained is doing business in Crimea.
Russian officials responded to the sanctions, saying the US move was entirely “unexplainable.” Russia, along with Germany and France, led the effort to negotiate the current ceasefire.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017