With Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowing to do anything to prevent a US-Iran nuclear deal, State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf today warned him against leaking the details of any classified briefings.
“We’ve continuously provided detailed classified briefings to Israeli officials to keep them updated,” Harf said, adding that any release by Netanyahu “would, of course, betray that trust.”
Secretary of State John Kerry also chimed in, warning Israel against doing anything to undercut the Iran negotiations, which just resumed on Monday in Switzerland.
Netanyahu has insisted he has a “moral obligation” to warn Congress about the deal, saying it threatens Israel’s survival. The White House has insisted Netanyahu has refused to offer an alternative to negotiations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017