Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is marveling at reports that the Obama Administration is limiting the amount of information on the Iran negotiations it shares with him, insisting that proves the deal must be a bad one.
Yet US officials say they believe Netanyahu has authorized his government to leak any details provided that might be used to sabotage the talks, and indeed Netanyahu has openly promised to “do anything” to kill the negotiations.
Netanyahu’s assessment of the deal as “bad” is totally independent of the content of the deal, as he has made clear time and again that any deal with Iran is something he opposes on general principle.
When the US was far from a deal, Netanyahu was content to let the talks continue, saying the lack of a deal proved Iran wasn’t serious. Now that the US and Iran are close, he is totally inconsolable, furiously demanding that the talks be halted and accusing the US of deliberately making a deal that he finds objectionable.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017