Abdollahian said the killing of General Mohammed Allahdadi during an Israeli attack on Syria on Janaury 18 crossed a “red line” and that they should expect retaliation for it.
There has been considerable uncertainty around Gen. Allahdadi’s killing, with some reports claiming Israel did not intend to kill him and didn’t know he was present, while others claimed it was Allahdadi’s own cellphone that Israel used as targeting.
Israel has not publicly addressed the killing, though some officials have confirmed they were “briefed” on the incident. The attack also killed six Hezbollah anti-ISIS fighters, which by most reports were the primary targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017