Abdollahian said the killing of General Mohammed Allahdadi during an Israeli attack on Syria on Janaury 18 crossed a “red line” and that they should expect retaliation for it.
There has been considerable uncertainty around Gen. Allahdadi’s killing, with some reports claiming Israel did not intend to kill him and didn’t know he was present, while others claimed it was Allahdadi’s own cellphone that Israel used as targeting.
Israel has not publicly addressed the killing, though some officials have confirmed they were “briefed” on the incident. The attack also killed six Hezbollah anti-ISIS fighters, which by most reports were the primary targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018
- Afghans Head to Polls Amid Corruption, Taliban Threats - October 19th, 2018