Abdollahian said the killing of General Mohammed Allahdadi during an Israeli attack on Syria on Janaury 18 crossed a “red line” and that they should expect retaliation for it.
There has been considerable uncertainty around Gen. Allahdadi’s killing, with some reports claiming Israel did not intend to kill him and didn’t know he was present, while others claimed it was Allahdadi’s own cellphone that Israel used as targeting.
Israel has not publicly addressed the killing, though some officials have confirmed they were “briefed” on the incident. The attack also killed six Hezbollah anti-ISIS fighters, which by most reports were the primary targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017