Abdollahian said the killing of General Mohammed Allahdadi during an Israeli attack on Syria on Janaury 18 crossed a “red line” and that they should expect retaliation for it.
There has been considerable uncertainty around Gen. Allahdadi’s killing, with some reports claiming Israel did not intend to kill him and didn’t know he was present, while others claimed it was Allahdadi’s own cellphone that Israel used as targeting.
Israel has not publicly addressed the killing, though some officials have confirmed they were “briefed” on the incident. The attack also killed six Hezbollah anti-ISIS fighters, which by most reports were the primary targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey Will Expel All Kurds From Border Unless Deal Reached With US - March 22nd, 2018
- Pentagon: Nukes Will Be Useless Without New Plutonium Cores - March 22nd, 2018
- State Dept. Announces $1 Billion in New Arms Sales to Saudis - March 22nd, 2018
- Mattis Says Saudis 'Part of the Solution' in Yemen - March 22nd, 2018
- Saudi Airstrike Kills at Least 10 Civilians in Northern Yemen - March 22nd, 2018