Anonymous tips have a way of sparking speculation, particularly when the FBI and ISIS are involved. Today, the panic is centered around an aging bridge in Memphis, Tennessee.
The FBI says it heard of an “unsubstantiated, anonymous threat” to the bridge which might conceivably be ISIS-related, and even though they admitted there was no intelligence to support it, they’re going with it out of an “abundance of caution.”
The FBI said the anonymous tipster told them ISIS had instructed an unknown person in Memphis to blow up the aging Memphis & Arkansas Bridge at an unknown date.
Despite a flurry of speculation about ISIS cells in the US, ISIS has never actually carried out a successful attack inside the United States. The group has threatened to do so, however, since the US began attacking them earlier this year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017