Anonymous tips have a way of sparking speculation, particularly when the FBI and ISIS are involved. Today, the panic is centered around an aging bridge in Memphis, Tennessee.
The FBI says it heard of an “unsubstantiated, anonymous threat” to the bridge which might conceivably be ISIS-related, and even though they admitted there was no intelligence to support it, they’re going with it out of an “abundance of caution.”
The FBI said the anonymous tipster told them ISIS had instructed an unknown person in Memphis to blow up the aging Memphis & Arkansas Bridge at an unknown date.
Despite a flurry of speculation about ISIS cells in the US, ISIS has never actually carried out a successful attack inside the United States. The group has threatened to do so, however, since the US began attacking them earlier this year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ceasefire Announced for Part of Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Will Expel All Kurds From Border Unless Deal Reached With US - March 22nd, 2018
- Pentagon: Nukes Will Be Useless Without New Plutonium Cores - March 22nd, 2018
- State Dept. Announces $1 Billion in New Arms Sales to Saudis - March 22nd, 2018
- Mattis Says Saudis 'Part of the Solution' in Yemen - March 22nd, 2018