A US drone attacked a pickup truck Tuesday in the Nangarhar Province, killing 11 militant fighters, including four who are believed to have been members of the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
The attack came just hours after TTP fighters attacked a school in Peshawar, Pakistan, killing 160 people, including a large number of schoolchildren.
With Taliban factions holding a lot of territory along the border, they tend to go back and forth between Afghanistan and Pakistan, making it difficult for the respective militaries to go after them.
After yesterday’s attack, Pakistan is openly asking for Afghan help in the fight against the TTP, which is a dramatic shift from their long-standing policy of trading blame.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018