Speaking today at Fort Dix, President Obama promised that the US would allow ISIS no safe haven anywhere on earth, pursuing them militarily anywhere and everywhere.
“Our coalition isn’t just going to degrade this barbaric terrorist organization. We’re going to destroy it,” Obama insisted, praising the ongoing attacks as “hammering” ISIS.
Obama once again talked up a long war, saying America’s “reach is long and we do not give up,” and that the US would eventually wipe out ISIS. He offered no timeline on how long that would take.
At the same speech, Obama played up the “end” of the combat mission in Afghanistan this month, not mentioning that he has already approved the continuation of US combat operations in Afghanistan through 2015. He did, however, concede that Afghanistan is “still a dangerous place.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Officials Spar Over State Dept's $1 Million Venezuela Scheme - December 10th, 2017
- In Pushing Saudis on Yemen Aid, US Warns About Losing Congressional Support - December 10th, 2017
- As US-Russia Tensions Rise, 1987 Nuke Treaty in Jeopardy - December 10th, 2017
- Syrian Army, Allies Advance Against Rebel-Held Idlib - December 10th, 2017
- Protests Across Middle East Against Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 8th, 2017