Speaking today at Fort Dix, President Obama promised that the US would allow ISIS no safe haven anywhere on earth, pursuing them militarily anywhere and everywhere.
“Our coalition isn’t just going to degrade this barbaric terrorist organization. We’re going to destroy it,” Obama insisted, praising the ongoing attacks as “hammering” ISIS.
Obama once again talked up a long war, saying America’s “reach is long and we do not give up,” and that the US would eventually wipe out ISIS. He offered no timeline on how long that would take.
At the same speech, Obama played up the “end” of the combat mission in Afghanistan this month, not mentioning that he has already approved the continuation of US combat operations in Afghanistan through 2015. He did, however, concede that Afghanistan is “still a dangerous place.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas Meet Again With UN on Border Disarmament - October 21st, 2018
- US Denies Killing Syrian Civilians, Says Mosque Was 'Valid Military Target' - October 21st, 2018
- Security Woes, Irregularities Mar Afghanistan's Second Day of Voting - October 21st, 2018
- US General Wounded During Thursday Insider Attack in Afghanistan - October 21st, 2018
- Saudi FM: We Don't Know How Khashoggi Was Killed - October 21st, 2018