Boko Haram fighters raided the northeast Nigerian city of Damaturu on Monday, the latest in a long line of major attacks in the region. The death tolls are once again staggeringly high.
Health workers are reporting over 150 people were killed in the raid, including 38 police. At least 115 civilians were brought to the morgue, including two doctors.
The Damaturu raid focused on a major police base and the surrounding area. A second, smaller attack hit nearly Maiduguri on Monday, bombing a marketplace.
These attacks come just a week after an even bigger attack in the northern city of Kano, where multiple bombers and gunmen attacked a major mosque, killing over 200 people and wounding scores of others.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017