Boko Haram fighters raided the northeast Nigerian city of Damaturu on Monday, the latest in a long line of major attacks in the region. The death tolls are once again staggeringly high.
Health workers are reporting over 150 people were killed in the raid, including 38 police. At least 115 civilians were brought to the morgue, including two doctors.
The Damaturu raid focused on a major police base and the surrounding area. A second, smaller attack hit nearly Maiduguri on Monday, bombing a marketplace.
These attacks come just a week after an even bigger attack in the northern city of Kano, where multiple bombers and gunmen attacked a major mosque, killing over 200 people and wounding scores of others.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalans Rally at Barcelona Parliament, Push for Independence - October 21st, 2017
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017