There was no specific intelligence about any terrorist attacks for Thanksgiving, and that’s got the Department of Homeland Security on edge. There’s always supposed to be an imminent threat against literally everything.
Officials are trying to reassure Americans that they are “vigilant” over the lack of terror chatter going into the Thanksgiving holiday, particularly since the October attack in Canada.
One official quoted in the Washington Times, who insisted on anonymity, said that the lack of terror chatter was not necessarily an indicator of a threat, nor necessarily an indicator of the absence of a threat.
Officials say that even in the absence of specific intelligence on specific attacks, a terrorist attack, particularly a small-scale strike by a lone wolf attacker, remains entirely possible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalan Leader Seeks to Vote by Proxy to Avoid Arrest by Spain - January 18th, 2018
- Israeli Army Considers Seizing Palestinian Neighborhoods in Jerusalem - January 18th, 2018
- US Urges Turkey to Focus on ISIS, Not Attack Syrian Kurds - January 18th, 2018
- US to Withhold $45 Million in Pledged Palestinian Food Aid 'For Now' - January 18th, 2018
- Syria Threatens to Destroy Any Invading Turkish Warplanes - January 18th, 2018