The Ebola hysteria hasn’t amounted to all that many patients inside the United States, but it’s still being used as a pretext for the deployment of US military forces on American soil.
The Pentagon today announced that Northern Command is creating a “Ebola Response Team” that will be ready at a moment’s notice to deploy anywhere in the US to “fight” the virus.
The program is going to start with 30 troops at Fort Sam Houston in Texas, where they are conducting “high-level preparations” for operations in case anyone other than the existing three Ebola cases become confirmed.
In and of itself, the program appears fairly innocuous, but the precedent it sets, allowing the Pentagon to start preparing domestic deployments every time a scare story reaches critical mass, could have boots on the ground constantly, as if there is one constant in American life, it’s that there’s always something we’re being told is about to become a crisis.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018