Israeli Ambassador to the United States Ron Dermer is warning the US today against any cooperation with Iran in the new war against ISIS, insisting “they will never be a partner.”
Looking to double down on the hysteria surrounding Iran’s civilian nuclear program, Dermer declared “Iran as a nuclear power is a thousand times more dangerous than ISIS.”
Israeli officials have repeatedly fretted that any US coordination with Iran on their mutual war in Iraq is going to lead the US toward a more reasonable stance in the ongoing talks on Iran’s civilian program.
So far that doesn’t seem to be the case, as the US is pressing Iran for not resolving the IAEA investigation. The IAEA has complained Iran has “not answered” some of the questions, though since they are requests for details about testing Iran insists they have not done, there is no possible way to “answer” those questions in a way that the IAEA will accept.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017
- Tillerson: Iraqi Shi'ite Militias Must Leave Iraq - October 22nd, 2017
- Israel Says It Will Step Up Attacks Against Syria - October 22nd, 2017
- Next Catalonias? Italian Regions Vote for More Autonomy - October 22nd, 2017