Israeli Ambassador to the United States Ron Dermer is warning the US today against any cooperation with Iran in the new war against ISIS, insisting “they will never be a partner.”
Looking to double down on the hysteria surrounding Iran’s civilian nuclear program, Dermer declared “Iran as a nuclear power is a thousand times more dangerous than ISIS.”
Israeli officials have repeatedly fretted that any US coordination with Iran on their mutual war in Iraq is going to lead the US toward a more reasonable stance in the ongoing talks on Iran’s civilian program.
So far that doesn’t seem to be the case, as the US is pressing Iran for not resolving the IAEA investigation. The IAEA has complained Iran has “not answered” some of the questions, though since they are requests for details about testing Iran insists they have not done, there is no possible way to “answer” those questions in a way that the IAEA will accept.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Koreas' Olympic Détente Upends US Strategy - January 17th, 2018
- Saudis Transfer $2 Billion to Prop Up Yemeni Allies' Currency - January 17th, 2018
- World Economic Forum Survey Sees More War in 2018 - January 17th, 2018
- Syrian Kurds Urge UN Action to Prevent Turkish Invasion - January 17th, 2018
- Turkey Says Will Attack Unless US Withdraws Support for Syrian Kurds - January 17th, 2018