With the Gaza ceasefire now over, Israel has launched 35 airstrikes across Gaza City over the course of the evening. One hit a home, killing a woman and her two-year-old daughter. 16 other injuries have been reported.
The house was hit with three rockets from an Israeli F-16 jet, and was likely not the intended target, as it is not far from the offices of al-Aqsa TV, a common target of Israeli attacks on Gaza.
Details are still scant, but the reports have also suggested all of the wounded were related to the two slain, and were all hit in the same series of strikes. Who was hit in Israel’s other 34 attacks remains unclear so far.
Israel insists the attacks were retaliation for a handful of rockets which were fired out of the strip about 6 hours before the ceasefire ended. Palestinians claimed an Israeli bombing took place first, then the rockets were fired. It is impossible to confirm which happened.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017