Refugee Buses Hit by Grad Rockets
Several dozen eastern Ukrainian refugees were killed today, including a large number of women and children, when their buses came under fire by artillery and Grad rockets.
The attacks came about 5 miles from the Russian border, and southeast of Luhansk. Both sides have traded blame for the incident, with the military claiming the rebels launched the attack specifically to blame them.
It is impossible at this point to conclude which side actually attacked the convoy, because both are using BM-21 Grad rockets in the war, but the military’s claim that the rebels precisely hit vehicle gas tanks to start fires and ensure the slain were burned to death is preposterous, as Grads simply aren’t that accurate.
The rebels noted that the Ukrainian military has been shelling the road where the incident occurred almost constantly over the past several days, and said they were the culprits. Since Ukraine has been attacking areas along the Russian border, that is the more probable cause.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Aide: Obama Open to Limits in ISIS War Authorization - November 20th, 2014
- Assad Benefiting From US War on ISIS, Hagel Admits - November 20th, 2014
- New Malware Tool Aims to Detect Government Surveillance - November 20th, 2014
- Some NSA Officials Warned Agency of Surveillance Backlash in 2009 - November 20th, 2014
- US Reluctant to Sell Iraq More Arms With ISIS Taking So Many - November 20th, 2014