The massive Russian aid convoy has finally made its way to the Ukrainian border, aiming to bring humanitarian aid to the civilians trapped in the middle of the Ukrainian invasion of the eastern, rebel-held region.
Ukrainian officials insist sending humanitarian aid in would be “an act of open aggression,” and they should know something about open aggression, heavily shelling the rebel city of Donetsk.
Even the US, which has been loudly cheering Ukraine’s attacks and downplaying civilian deaths for weeks, is finally urging “restraint” by the Ukrainian military as it moves against Donetsk, a massive city. The comments came amid another reiteration of support for their war against the rebels, but were still unprecedented.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Multiple Bombings Kill 40 Across Pakistan - June 23rd, 2017
- Obama Ordered Cyberweapons Implanted Into Russia's Infrastructure - June 23rd, 2017
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017