The massive Russian aid convoy has finally made its way to the Ukrainian border, aiming to bring humanitarian aid to the civilians trapped in the middle of the Ukrainian invasion of the eastern, rebel-held region.
Ukrainian officials insist sending humanitarian aid in would be “an act of open aggression,” and they should know something about open aggression, heavily shelling the rebel city of Donetsk.
Even the US, which has been loudly cheering Ukraine’s attacks and downplaying civilian deaths for weeks, is finally urging “restraint” by the Ukrainian military as it moves against Donetsk, a massive city. The comments came amid another reiteration of support for their war against the rebels, but were still unprecedented.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017
- Trump's Pentagon to Spend Nearly $500 Million on Gitmo Construction - August 21st, 2017