The massive Russian aid convoy has finally made its way to the Ukrainian border, aiming to bring humanitarian aid to the civilians trapped in the middle of the Ukrainian invasion of the eastern, rebel-held region.
Ukrainian officials insist sending humanitarian aid in would be “an act of open aggression,” and they should know something about open aggression, heavily shelling the rebel city of Donetsk.
Even the US, which has been loudly cheering Ukraine’s attacks and downplaying civilian deaths for weeks, is finally urging “restraint” by the Ukrainian military as it moves against Donetsk, a massive city. The comments came amid another reiteration of support for their war against the rebels, but were still unprecedented.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017
- Spain Ratchets Up Threats as Catalonia Refuses to Respond - October 16th, 2017