The massive Russian aid convoy has finally made its way to the Ukrainian border, aiming to bring humanitarian aid to the civilians trapped in the middle of the Ukrainian invasion of the eastern, rebel-held region.
Ukrainian officials insist sending humanitarian aid in would be “an act of open aggression,” and they should know something about open aggression, heavily shelling the rebel city of Donetsk.
Even the US, which has been loudly cheering Ukraine’s attacks and downplaying civilian deaths for weeks, is finally urging “restraint” by the Ukrainian military as it moves against Donetsk, a massive city. The comments came amid another reiteration of support for their war against the rebels, but were still unprecedented.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria Warns They'll Fight Jihadists If They Reject Idlib Deal - October 15th, 2018
- Scores of Taliban Killed in Afghanistan Fighting - October 15th, 2018
- Afghan High Peace Council Says Talk of US Troop Withdrawal Is Premature - October 15th, 2018
- US Companies Back Out of Saudi Events as Tensions Mount - October 15th, 2018
- Saudi Embassy in DC Cancels Annual Diplomatic Reception - October 15th, 2018