None of the slain were identified by name, though Pakistani officials labeled all of the slain “suspected militants,” and though the bodies were charred beyond any hope of recognition, some speculated there were foreigners among the dead.
It is the fourth US drone strike in Pakistan since the Pakistani military launched an invasion of North Waziristan, which followed a period of some months without any strikes.
Though the Pakistani government had been complaining about US drone strikes in the past, they have largely returned to a policy of ambivalence about the attacks since the North Waziristan invasion, which itself came at the behest of US officials.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018