As the world reacts with horror at footage of the carnage in the Gaza war, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was defiant, defending the massive civilian death toll of Israeli attacks as entirely “justified” and proportional.
Netanyahu went on to claim that the attacks on UN schools full of civilians were not only appropriate, but that it would have “been a moral mistake” to not attack those schools, because it would’ve given Hamas de facto permission to launch attacks from those schools.
Not attacking the schools and killing scores of innocent refugees, Netanyahu argued, “would hand an enormous victory to terrorists everywhere,” and would’ve aided groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda.
He went on to demand that the international community punish Hamas for “child sacrifice” charges for the 460 children Israel killed in attacks, saying that not punishing Hamas would “legitimize” them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017