As the world reacts with horror at footage of the carnage in the Gaza war, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was defiant, defending the massive civilian death toll of Israeli attacks as entirely “justified” and proportional.
Netanyahu went on to claim that the attacks on UN schools full of civilians were not only appropriate, but that it would have “been a moral mistake” to not attack those schools, because it would’ve given Hamas de facto permission to launch attacks from those schools.
Not attacking the schools and killing scores of innocent refugees, Netanyahu argued, “would hand an enormous victory to terrorists everywhere,” and would’ve aided groups like ISIS and al-Qaeda.
He went on to demand that the international community punish Hamas for “child sacrifice” charges for the 460 children Israel killed in attacks, saying that not punishing Hamas would “legitimize” them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkish Warplanes Pound Kurds, Thousands of Syrian Rebels Bused to Border - January 20th, 2018
- US Military's 'Prime Focus' Will Be Competing With Russia, China - January 19th, 2018
- NGO: US-Led Coalition Civilian Killings Tripled in Iraq and Syria in 2017 - January 19th, 2018
- Russia FM: US Creating 'Alternative Bodies of Authority' in Syria - January 19th, 2018
- US: Turkish Attack on Syrian Kurds 'Destabilizing' - January 19th, 2018