Most of the world is struggling mightily to get the Ukrainian military and the separatist eastern rebels to agree to a ceasefire and negotiations aimed at settling their ongoing conflict. The US is taking another approach.
Led by Senate Armed Services Chairman Carl Levin (D – MI), a number of hawks are now pushing for the US to begin shipments of “lethal aid” to the Ukrainian military to wipe out the rebels as well as to confront the Russian military.
Sen. Levin, who has been predicting an imminent Russian invasion of Ukraine for months now, insisted the US needs to send massive amounts of lethal aid to set the Ukrainian military up for a “guerrilla-type effort against the Russians,” after they finish off the mostly ethnic Russian rebels.
Senate Republicans blasted the Obama Administration for not rush shipping every weapon Ukraine’s military asked for, saying it was “shameful” not to be preparing them for a war with Russia.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Poland Offers US $2 Billion to Establish a Permanent Military Base - September 18th, 2018
- Moon: North Korea Agrees to Allow Nuclear Inspections - September 18th, 2018
- Fate of Syria's Idlib Deal Rests on What al-Qaeda Does Next - September 18th, 2018
- South Korean President Greeted in North With Calls for Peace, Reunification - September 18th, 2018
- North, South Korea Leaders Agree to Rekindle Stalled Nuclear Talks - September 18th, 2018