In addition to their plans to send “military advisers” to Ukraine, the Pentagon is said to be in the process of finalizing a plan to pick out targets for the Ukrainian military to attack, focusing on rebel missile batteries.
The plan has yet to be approved by the White House, but officials say they would be providing “precise information” on exactly what the Ukrainian military should attack, providing them intelligence in the ongoing civil war.
The US is keen to say the tide of war turned in favor of the Poroshenko government and against the mostly ethnic Russian separatists, and is said to already be providing satellite data on rebel troop movements to the nation’s military.
As for other nations getting involved in the conflict, Dutch Premier Mark Rutte termed such plans “not realistic,” while Australian officials familiar with their Prime Minister Tony Abbott’s plans called them “nuts,” saying he intends to send ground troops “unprepared into a volatile situation.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018