Israeli troops killed six Palestinians and wounded 200 others today in the occupied West Bank, when some 10,000 of them rallied to protest against the ongoing Israeli invasion of Gaza.
In addition to protesting against the war, they were intending to go to the al-Aqsa Mosque for an important commemoration during the month of Ramadan, and were stopped at a checkpoint.
The Israeli military claims the protesters attacked the checkpoint, while the protesters say the military move against them almost immediately after they arrived at the checkpoint.
While Israel is trying to portray the massive civilian toll in Gaza as damning to Hamas, the West Bank Palestinians are increasingly responding with sympathy for the slain, and anger at the Israeli attackers.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017