Over 100 Killed Daily With No End in Sight
Since Israel’s air salvo against the Gaza Strip escalated into a growing ground invasion, the death toll is soaring. Sunday was the deadliest day yet of the war, and Monday is on track to pass it considerably.
The death toll among Palestinians is up over 100 more today already, with the overall death toll now standing at 630, overwhelmingly civilians and including well over 100 children.
Another seven Israeli soldiers were killed today as well, bringing the overall toll on the Israeli side to 25 soldiers, and two civilians. Israeli officials continue to talk up further escalation of the conflict.
The question of when and how the war will actually end remains unclear, with no real exit strategy in place and Prime Minister Netanyahu making only vague references to a return of calm, even as he continues to make the situation less calm by adding more and more troops to the situation.
The war may also be expanding beyond the strip to some extent, with reports emerging of Israel’s military attacking an ammunition warehouse north of the Sudanese capital of Khartoum, apparently on the notion that the ammunition would eventually be funneled to Hamas.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Heavily Dug In ISIS Forces in Libya's Sirte Continue to Resist Offensives - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey DM Claims US Eager to Work With Them on Raqqa Invasion - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey: 18 PKK Killed in Attacks in SE Turkey, Northern Iraq - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey Continues Attacks After Killing 200 Syrian Kurds - October 21st, 2016
- Aleppo's Ceasefire Continues to Hold for Second Day - October 21st, 2016