A US Predator drone destroyed a mud house in North Waziristan Agency today, killing at least six people and wounding two others within. None of the slain were identified.
Officials said they believe the victims were all members of the Hafiz Gul Bahadar militant group, though they had no names for any of them. The group has been targeted by the US in the past, though it has had a peace deal with Pakistan’s military since 2006.
It is the first US drone strikes against Pakistan in almost a month. The June 11 attacks killed 16 people at two sites in North Waziristan, and again none of the victims were ever identified.
Pakistan has complained about the continued US strikes against their territory, though as it runs concurrent with a Pakistani military invasion of North Waziristan, it seems likely the strike was coordinated, if only to prevent killing Pakistani troops.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018
- Netanyahu Blocks West Bank Annexation, But Backs Taking More Control - February 16th, 2018
- Pentagon Watchdog: No Significant Progress Made in Afghanistan - February 16th, 2018
- Turkish Army Accused of Hitting Syria's Afrin With Gas Attack - February 16th, 2018
- US, Turkey Agree to Avoid Clash Over Manbij - February 16th, 2018