Since ditching their ceasefire at the start of the week, Ukraine’s military is back to launching massive military offensives against eastern regions, and reported 13 soldiers were killed today in the fighting.
Fighting, as usual, centered around the city of Slovyansk, and the military claimed to have seized one nearby town, though the city itself remains completely out of their control.
Though the military is nowhere near retaking the capital of the rebellion, Donetsk, the city’s outskirts did come under fire from military shelling, damaging key portions of their drinking water system and forcing the city to limit reliable water supplies across the city to five hours a day.
The Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts have been effectively out of government control for months now, with rebellions erupting after the ouster of the previous government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018