Since ditching their ceasefire at the start of the week, Ukraine’s military is back to launching massive military offensives against eastern regions, and reported 13 soldiers were killed today in the fighting.
Fighting, as usual, centered around the city of Slovyansk, and the military claimed to have seized one nearby town, though the city itself remains completely out of their control.
Though the military is nowhere near retaking the capital of the rebellion, Donetsk, the city’s outskirts did come under fire from military shelling, damaging key portions of their drinking water system and forcing the city to limit reliable water supplies across the city to five hours a day.
The Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts have been effectively out of government control for months now, with rebellions erupting after the ouster of the previous government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017