Since ditching their ceasefire at the start of the week, Ukraine’s military is back to launching massive military offensives against eastern regions, and reported 13 soldiers were killed today in the fighting.
Fighting, as usual, centered around the city of Slovyansk, and the military claimed to have seized one nearby town, though the city itself remains completely out of their control.
Though the military is nowhere near retaking the capital of the rebellion, Donetsk, the city’s outskirts did come under fire from military shelling, damaging key portions of their drinking water system and forcing the city to limit reliable water supplies across the city to five hours a day.
The Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts have been effectively out of government control for months now, with rebellions erupting after the ouster of the previous government.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018