Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman visited Sderot today, calling for an immediate invasion of the Gaza Strip, saying that Israel can’t stop rocket production simply with air strikes.
Lieberman panned talk of a ceasefire as “postponing a problem instead of dealing with it,” and insisted the rockets, none of which have caused any injuries in the most recent round of attacks, pose a threat not only to Sderot, but to all of central Israel as well.
Never one to quit while he’s ahead in making public pronouncements, Lieberman went on to call for military action against Gaza Premier Ismail Haniyeh and Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal, saying they and other top Hamas politicians must consider themselves “legitimate targets.”
Lieberman has been talking up a military reoccupation of Gaza for years, saying the Israeli military needs to carry out a “thorough cleansing” of the tiny strip of all opposition to Israel.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017