Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman visited Sderot today, calling for an immediate invasion of the Gaza Strip, saying that Israel can’t stop rocket production simply with air strikes.
Lieberman panned talk of a ceasefire as “postponing a problem instead of dealing with it,” and insisted the rockets, none of which have caused any injuries in the most recent round of attacks, pose a threat not only to Sderot, but to all of central Israel as well.
Never one to quit while he’s ahead in making public pronouncements, Lieberman went on to call for military action against Gaza Premier Ismail Haniyeh and Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal, saying they and other top Hamas politicians must consider themselves “legitimate targets.”
Lieberman has been talking up a military reoccupation of Gaza for years, saying the Israeli military needs to carry out a “thorough cleansing” of the tiny strip of all opposition to Israel.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017