Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman visited Sderot today, calling for an immediate invasion of the Gaza Strip, saying that Israel can’t stop rocket production simply with air strikes.
Lieberman panned talk of a ceasefire as “postponing a problem instead of dealing with it,” and insisted the rockets, none of which have caused any injuries in the most recent round of attacks, pose a threat not only to Sderot, but to all of central Israel as well.
Never one to quit while he’s ahead in making public pronouncements, Lieberman went on to call for military action against Gaza Premier Ismail Haniyeh and Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal, saying they and other top Hamas politicians must consider themselves “legitimate targets.”
Lieberman has been talking up a military reoccupation of Gaza for years, saying the Israeli military needs to carry out a “thorough cleansing” of the tiny strip of all opposition to Israel.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018