ISIS has released a pair of video messages today. The first showed a number of imprisoned Iraqi security forces, captured by ISIS during their offensive against the Nineveh Province.
That’s certainly true, but what happened next has yet to be confirmed. The second ISIS video message claimed the makeshift prison full of Iraqi troops was blown up, and everyone inside killed.
ISIS has made a big deal of mass executions of Iraqi troops that it has captured, and the claim no doubt aims to further lower the morale of the crumbling Iraqi military as it faces future offensives.
But is it true? That’s not clear. Details about what is going on inside ISIS territory are never easy to obtain, and while ISIS certainly has an interest in high-profile mass executions, there’s no way to confirm if this actually happened or not.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017